Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2014 Emmy Results








I actually got 12 out of 20 categories. Much better than my last couple years. I did not predict Sherlock getting so much love. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts.

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:
1 Seth Meyers did a pretty good job as host. His Q & A with the audience didn't work but Billy on the Street did. I enjoyed Seth’s jabs at the category process.
2 I wish the Sherlock actors were there to accept their awards. I’m sure they would have great things to say. Of course, they are too busy to get together to keep filming the show, so I guess I can forgive their absence at an American awards show.  
3 I enjoyed watching Breaking Bad go out strong along with their tearful farewells.
4 The orchestra playing the theme songs were terrible. Breaking Bad sounded like a carousel ride and American Horror Story just sounded ridiculous.
5 I appreciate the show ending on time but I would much rather see nomination packages that show the fine work of those nominated.    

THE WINNERS:
Drama Series: Breaking Bad (Predicted & Wanted)  
Comedy Series: Modern Family (Predicted)
Miniseries: Fargo (Predicted & Wanted)  
Variety Series: The Colbert Report (Predicted)
Reality Series: The Amazing Race (Wanted)
Lead Actor [Drama]: Bryan Cranston
Lead Actress [Drama]: Juliana Margulies (Predicted)
Lead Actor [Comedy]: Jim Parsons (Predicted & Wanted)  
Lead Actress [Comedy]: Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Predicted)
Lead Actor [Miniseries]: Benedict Cumberbatch
Lead Actress [Miniseries]: Jessica Lange
Supp. Actor [Drama]: Aaron Paul (Predicted & Wanted)  
Supp.Actress [Drama]: Anna Gunn (Predicted)  
Supp. Actor [Comedy]: Ty Burrell
Supp. Actress [Comedy]: Allison Janney
Supp. Actor [Miniseries]: Martin Freeman
Supp. Actress [Miniseries]: Kathy Bates
Writing [Drama]: Breaking Bad – Ozymandias (Predicted & Wanted)  
Writing [Comedy]: Louie – So Did The Fat Lady (Predicted)
Writing [Miniseries]: Sherlock – His Last Vow


The fall season begins in a few weeks.

No comments: