Monday, December 14, 2015

Film Review Tweaks

With Star Wars just days away, I thought I would change my film review format a bit. I’ve decided to alter my five observations by dividing them into the three categories I talk about most anyway. I’ve added a ‘full disclosure’ so that you can see where I’m coming from before reading the rest of my review. I might say how much I like an actor/director/writer or how I was dragged to a film I had no desire to see. I also changed my recommendation slightly. Some films are awesome but are better suited for a small screen, that’s why I’ll also be adding my verdict in movie camera graphic form. Hope you enjoy the changes.

GENRE: The type of film
RATING: May give my interpretation of why
RUNTIME: Always important to know
STARRING: Three actors and films that may be similar
DIRECTOR: Also films that may be similar
WRITERS: If more than two, will probably group them
PLOT: One sentence description

FULL DISCLOSURE: What you may want to know about me before reading my completely subjective review

STORY STUFF: A look at structure, twists, pacing and length.

ACTING STUFF: Who rocks it and who is phoning it in.

ARTISTIC STUFF: Cinematography, art direction, music, costume, etc.

VERDICT: S - SSSSS cameras instead of stars

SEE IT IF: Why you should or shouldn’t see the film
UPCOMING REVIEWS: My predicted next movie may change

No comments: