Sunday, June 09, 2013

Film: Now You See Me








GENRE:
Crime / Thriller
RATING:
PG for language and some sexual content
RUNTIME:
1 hours and 55 minutes

STARRING:
Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network, Zombieland)
Mark Ruffalo (Avengers, Zodiac); Woody Harrelson (Hunger Games)

DIRECTOR:
Louis Leterrier (Transporter, Clash of the Titans)
WRITERS:
Ed Solomon, (Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, MiB)
Boaz Yakin (Remember the Titans) & Edward Ricourt (newcomer)

PLOT:
The FBI and Interpol try to track down a team of illusionists who may have robbed a bank and given the money to their audience.

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:
1
Talk about escapism. This was just a very entertaining piece of film. Fun plot, fun performances, fun all around.
2
I always love a good heist. I love it even more when they reveal how they pulled it off. Luckily this film does both. 
3
I don’t know why but I really liked the background score. It was cool and kept me in the story the entire time. Great job Brian Tyler (Iron Man 3, Expendables)
4
I don’t know why but Leterrier seemed to employ the Michael Bay ‘swirl around the hero’ shot a lot. It made me giggle.
5
There is a love story tacked on for no good reason. Would rather see more ‘heist-ing’ thank you very much.   

RECOMMENDATION:
Pretty fun for the theatres
UPCOMING REVIEWS:
Man of Steel

No comments: