Saturday, June 01, 2013

2013 Summer Television Preview


Now that most of the regular season has ended with the exception of a less-than-handfull of episodes of Revolution, Hannibal, Game of Thrones, Mad Men & Veep, it’s time to look ahead to summer television programming. Here are the shows I’m looking forward to this summer:
Family Tree: New Series (May.12)
Started a few weeks ago, it’s a mostly improvised mockumentary from Christopher Guest (Spinal Tap) and stars the loveable cop from Bridesmaids. Its okay, I hope it gets better.

The Goodwin Games: New Series
(May.20)
From the makers of How I Met Your Mother, this one is just two episodes in. Scott Foley (Felicity) is a little annoying but TJ Miller (Cloverfield) is pretty awesome. I hope this gets better too.

Arrested Development: Season 4
(May.26)
Half-way through. It’s a little muddled but there are definitely some very funny stuff. I am looking forward to the Buster episode.

The Killing: Season 3
(Jun.2)
Almost cancelled but managed to return. They swear they will solve the case by the end of this season. Looking forward to Peter Sarsgaard (Garden State) as a serial killer.

Wilfred: Season 3
(Jun.20)
My summer guilty pleasure. I think the dog is funny. Sue me.

Under the Dome: Mini-Series
 
(Jun.24)
Don’t know what to expect.
Dexter: Season 8 – Final Season
(Jun.30)
How will this end?  Will Dexter finally be caught or get to be happy?

Ray Donovan: New Series
(Jun.30)
It stars Live Shreiber (Scream) as a Hollywood fixer. Could be good.

The Bridge: New Series
(Jul.10)
A judge is found dead on the border of USA and Mexico on this FX series based on a popular Scandinavian hit.

The Newsroom: Season 2
(Jul.14)
The awesome Aaron Sorkin series is back for more. I’m excited.

Whose Line Is It Anyway: Reboot
(Jul.16)
Ryan, Colin and Wayne are back. Drew Carey is not. I’m so in.

The Writer’s Room: New Series
(July)
A cool documentary series that goes into the writer’s room of popular comedy and drama television shows. I love that kind of stuff.

Breaking Bad: Finishing Final Season 5
(Aug.11)
How will it end for Walter? Death by cancer, drug cartel or cops.

Low Winter Sun: New Series
(Aug.11)
It’s about cops. But it’s also on AMC so I’ll give it a chance.

The Pitch: Season 2
(Aug.15)
Love this reality show where two competing advertising agencies pitch ideas to big companies. It’s the read Mad Men.
On top of this I want to try Once Upon a Time and have my wife watch all of Friday Night Lights. It’ll be a busy summer along with all the movies and vacations and such. Luckily most of these series are on Sunday nights so the rest of the week is free.
UPCOMING REVIEWS: Much Ado About Nothing

No comments: