Monday, February 06, 2012

TV: Superbowl Commercials 2012

So another Superbowl, another night of finding the Superbowl commercials online because Canada won’t let us see the real ones. So some pretty sad ads this year. VW’s dog was not as cute as the Darth Vader kid, Doritos wasn’t as surprising and Bud Light lost its mojo. This year only the car commercials seemed to get my attention. Here are my top 5.

1.Chevy Camaro: Happy Grad

I like that the parents think he’s going to tire himself out. I also like the random stranger joining in on the excitement.

2.Honda CR-V: Matthew’s Day Off

Being a Ferris Beuller fan, I enjoyed all the references to the movie especially Broderick’s facial expressions. Like the tag at the end of the commercial as well. Wish Cameron was in it though.

3.Toyota Camry: It’s Reinvented

I like the curtains and the blender. I love the DMV that is only a bit nicer judging be how the clerk greets the next customer.

4.Chevy Silverado: 2012

I like the survey of the destruction and enjoy the Twinkies’ survival.

5.Kia: A Dream Car for Real Life

So over the top, it’s kind of funny. The guy must really love Crue.

Honourable Mention: Honda Acura: Transactions

The Seinfeld parts are really funny, especially the dancing holographic monkey. Too bad Jay Leno ruins it at the end. It was going so good up till then.

Worst Commercial: Chrysler: Half Time in America

Really Clint? I don’t need a sermon.. Last year’s Imported from Detroit worked really well with it’s speech backed by Eminem’s music but this one left me rolling my eyes.

What were your favourites?

No comments: