Tuesday, January 02, 2024

2024 Film Preview

 

Here are the films that look interesting for the new year. Again, I am basing a lot of my picks on the people involved, familiarity, or an interesting plot description. My opinions may change closer to the release dates. Prepare for a number of sequels for films that came out a long time ago and films that were delayed due to the strike. Anyway, here they are:

Jan.12 Mean Girls
Will watch this after I watch the stage version again.
Feb.02 Argyle
The cast and film looks fun from the makers of the Kingsmen franchise
Mar.01 Dune: Part Two
Looking forward to Denis Villeneuve’s conclusion of this epic tale, finally
Mar.29 Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
I’m up for another romp with these old and new Ghostbusters
May.03 Deadpool 3
Love to see Ryan Reynolds return and this time with Wolverine.
May.03 The Fall Guy
Ryan Gosling is a stunt man who needs to get the girl and solve a mystery
May.17 IF
Only because I like Ryan Reynolds and John Krasinski’s directing
Jun.14 Inside Out 2
The first one was awesome, hope they don’t screw this up
Jun.14 Bad Boys 4
Don’t know anything about the plot but this is apparently happening.
Jul.03 Despicable Me 4
I’m up for more Gru and his minions. Everyone’s returning.
Jul.19 Twisters
Yes, it’s a sequel to Twister. This could bomb but I’ll put it on my list.
Jul.26 Captain America: Brave New World
Time for Anthony Mackie to take on the shield for reals this time.
Sep.06 Beetlejuice 2
Don’t know why we have so many unneeded sequels but I’ll go with it.
Sep.20 Wolfs
Brad Pitt and George Clooney as lone wolves on the same job
Oct.04 Joker: Folie a Deux
Not only a sequel but also a musical this time around. Weird but sure.
Nov.22 Gladiator 2
Again, why? I guess I’ll give Ridley Scott the benefit of the doubt.
Nov.27 Wicked
Just the first part unfortunately but I still love the musical.
Dec.13 The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim
The story of Helm’s Deep but not done by Peter Jackson
Dec.20 Thunderbolts
Harrison Ford leads a bunch of Marvel anti-heroes

No comments: