Tuesday, November 01, 2022

October TV Checklist

 

Here’s what I was watching this October. Lots of shows ending and starting. Here are the shows:

ANDOR (DISNEY+)
Someone described Andor as a Star Wars series for adults. There’s no kid-friendly characters and more of a slow-burn intrigue. I’m still half and half about it. The heist episode was pretty awesome and I like a lot of their ideas. Hope they can end the season strong.

AMAZING RACE (CBS)
Loving the race so far. Love that every leg is an elimination. Actually glad that they didn’t let the ones who got co-vid back in, as I think it’s unfair to the other contestants. Love that they went to Jordan and saw Petra. Really enjoying the changes and locations. Don’t know who I’m rooting for to win, but glad some of the teams I didn’t like have been eliminated.

GOOD DOCTOR (ABC)
This show is just not grabbing me like it used to. Glad the aftermath of last year’s finale is playing out longer with no quick wrap-up. The new interns are okay and I still like Richard Schiff, so I’ll keep watching.

ABBOTT ELEMENTARY (ABC)
I like what this show is trying to do and shed a light on the education system. Some good laughs but could go a bit bigger in that department.

WELCOME TO FLATCH (FOX)
Not sure the addition of Jamie Pressly is working for me, though I like that Kelly has someone to look up to. They have really changed Cheryl from the first season – she’s a lot crazier now with her chickens. Father Joe is boring to me. I still like Shrub but getting tired of the thruple he’s in.

LEGO MASTERS (FOX)
Lots of Canadians this year. Didn’t like that they brought in some young whippersnappers a few episodes in. Seems unfair. Like that they upped people’s game though by making brick people instead of just using the regular ones. Some of the early creations seemed more sparse and not as complex as last year. The dog show one was impressive.

THE SIMPSONS (FOX)
The series is still cranking out great episodes. Liked the It parody and the anime short for the recent “Treehouse of Horror” episode. They still got it.

YOUNG SHELDON (CBS)
Loving Missy and Georgie on this show. Missy gets great commentary lines. Georgie is so sweet as a soon to be father trying to be a responsible adult. Even Meemaw is killing it this season. Unfortunately, Sheldon is too annoying.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (NBC)
Lots of hit and miss. Loved the return of David S Pumpkins and Drunk Uncle last week. Also the AA meeting turned into a Pixar pitch meeting. Hoping for more quality like that this season.

JEOPARDY (ABC)
Eager for the Tournament of Champions. I’m a nerd. Not a huge fan of the celebrity version though. Those ‘celebrities’ are too animated.

HANDMAID’S TALE (HULU/CTV DRAMA)
Still watching. Still annoyed at character decisions. Don’t know what else to say.

ATLANTA (FX)
Some strange episodes like usual. Some fun commentary. It’s almost done.  

REBOOT (DISNEY+)
It was an enjoyable first season of eight episodes. Some fun writing but not much story development going on. Not sure if there’s a second season. I’ll keep watching if they keep making them.  

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (HBO)|
I was pretty impressed with this season. I am very intrigued as to where the story is going and think the performances are pretty incredible. The one darkly lit episode got my eyes rolling but I like how the season ended and look forward to season two. The graphic childbirth scenes have got to stop though.

RINGS OF POWER (PRIME)
It was a pretty good ending with some nice twists. I keep thinking it could be better though. Maybe there’s too many stories to keep track of. I like the production value except the elf rings look too gaudy. Wonder how long we’ll have to wait for season two.

SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW (DISNEY+)
It didn’t quite stick the landing as the meta-ness got out of control in the finale. I loved the Daredevil cameos and can’t wait for his series to surface. I had fun watching this series but think the fan backlash may prevent more from being made. People, stop taking this Marvel Universe so seriously.

What are you watching?

No comments: