Monday, February 14, 2022

Superbowl Commercials 2022

 

Still annoyed that I have to scour the internet for Superbowl commercials because Canada refuses to let us watch the American feed. This year, it seemed like a lot of ads wanted to bring back some old favourites. We had Meadow driving the Sopranos route to meet up with AJ in her Chevy. Jim Carrey returned as the cable guy confounded by Verizon’s wireless contraption. And Scrubs faves, Zach and Donald sang about Verizon deals. You can find those on your own, here are ten I thought I’d share in alphabetical order.

AMAZON
It’s a cute ad mostly because I think Colin and Scarlet look cute together.

COINBASE
Apparently this ad crashed their app. Will it make it to the corner?

CUTWATER SPIRITS
Love the parody of Apple’s iconic ad with a tribute to the lazy ones.

DORITOS
I love sloths.

E-TRADE
The baby’s retirement reminded me of Dexter’s original finale. Such a bizarre choice. But then again, it’s a bizarre concept to begin with.

FTX
I like Larry David’s skepticism. I’m in the same boat with crypto-currency.

GM
Dr. Evil and his cronies are back. Love his interactions with Scott.

JEEP
Brilliant concept of Bill Murray loving his repeated Groundhog Day so he can enjoy all his adventures with his Jeep. This was one was my favourite.

LAY’S
Love Seth and Paul’s flashbacks and the reveal of the bride.

ROCKET MORTGAGE
I thought the concept was clever. However, there is a lot of annoying aspects to this commercial. Don’t know how to rate this one.

There you go.

No comments: