Friday, January 07, 2022

2022 Film Preview

 

Here are the films that look interesting for the new year. Again, I am basing a lot of my picks on the people involved, familiarity, or an interesting plot description. My opinions may change closer to the release dates. Here they are:

Jan.14 Scream
Only horror franchise I watch. Worried there's no Wes Craven though.
Feb.11 Death on the Nile
I like a good Agatha Christie. Hope Branagh improves over the last one.
Feb.18 Uncharted
Tom Holland is on a winning streak and the trailer looks like fun.
Mar.04 The Batman
Not a fan of Robert Pattinson but I like the superhero so I will give it a try.
Mar.25 The Lost City
Silly premise but Sandra Bullock & Channing Tatum seem funny together.
Apr.08 Bullet Train
A bunch of assassins on the same train. Brad Pitt is part of the fun cast.
Apr.22 The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
A broke Nicholas Cage plays himself who’s recruited for a mission. Bizarre.
May.06 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
I’ve been enjoying Benedict Cumberbatch’s role in the MCU.
May.27 Top Gun: Maverick
Not a huge fan of the planes but I’ll watch Tom Cruise in most things.
Jun.10 Jurassic World Domination
I’ve watched the other ones so I might as well see Chris Pratt finish it.
Jun.17 Lightyear
Not a fan of the trailer, but it’s Pixar so I’ll have to keep optimistic.
Jun.24 Elvis
Baz Luhrmann directs. Tom Hanks is Col. Parker. I’m there.
Jul.01 Minions: The Rise of Gru
Love the little yellow guys. It’s been a while since their last outing.
Jul.08 Thor: Love and Thunder
I like MCU films. I like Natalie Portman. Hope it’s more like Ragnarok.
Sep.30 Mission: Impossible 7
I love this franchise. I’m eagerly awaiting for more of Ethan Hunt & crew.
Oct.07 Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)
The first animated film was awesome. Looks likes it’s getting bigger.
Oct.21 Ticket to Paradise
Premise looks dumb but it has George Clooney & Julia Roberts. Sure.
Nov.11 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Not sure how it will proceed without Boseman but it’s MCU so I’m game.
Nov.23 Creed III
I have enjoyed Michael B Jordan in this Rocky continuation.
Nov.23 The Fabelmans
Spielberg drama based on Spielberg’s own childhood. Don’t like the title.
Dec.16 Avatar 2
Will it actually come out this year? I wouldn’t put money on it.


No comments: