Friday, January 10, 2020

2020 Oscar Nomination Predictions








The Oscar nominations are being announced this Monday.  Here is who I think will get the nominations this year and who I wish would get nominated (based on what I’ve seen). At this stage, I do not predict the shorts (live, animated or documentary), foreign films, animated feature or documentaries.

BEST PICTURE
Will be nominated: 1917 | The Irishman | Jojo Rabbit | Joker | Little Women | Marriage Story | Once Upon a Time in Hollywood | Parasite
Others I want nominated: Ford v Ferrari
BEST ACTOR
Will be nominated: Antonio Banderas (Pain and Glory) | Leonard diCaprio (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) | Adam Driver (Marriage Story) | Taron Egerton (Rockerman) | Joaquin Phoenix (Joker)
Others I want nominated: Christian Bale (Ford v Ferrari) | Daniel Craig (Knives Out) | Roman Griffin Davis (Jojo Rabbit) | Eddie Murphy (Dolemite Is My Name)
BEST ACTRESS
Will be nominated: Awkwafina (The Farewell) | Scarlet Johansson (Marriage Story) | Saoirse Ronan (Little Women) | Charlize Theron (Bombshell) | Renee Zellweger (Judy)
Others I want nominated: can’t think of anyone
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Will be nominated: Al Pacino (The Irishman) | Joe Pesci (The Irishman) | Brad Pitt (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) | Tom Hanks (A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood) | Song Kang Ho (Parasite)
Others I want nominated: Stephen Graham (The Irishman) | Taika Waititi (Jojo Rabbit) | Archie Yates (Jojo Rabbit)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Will be nominated: Laura Dern (Marriage Story) | Jennifer Lopez (Hustlers) | Florence Pugh (Little Women) | Margot Robbie (Bombshell) | Zhao Shuzhen (The Farewell)
Others I want nominated: Lily James (Yesterday)
BEST DIRECTOR
Will be nominated: Bong Joon Ho (Parasite) | Sam Mendes (1917) | Greta Gerwig (Little Women) | Martin Scorsese (The Irishman) | Quentin Tarantino (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)
Others I want nominated: James Mangold (Ford v Ferrari) | Taika Waititi (Jojo Rabbit)
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Will be nominated: The Irishman | Jojo Rabbit | Joker | Little Women | The Two Popes
Others I want nominated: Avengers: End Game
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Will be nominated: Booksmart | Knives Out | Marriage Story | Once Upon a Time in Hollywood | Parasite
Others I want nominated: Yesterday
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Will be nominated: 1917 | The Irishman | Joker | The Lighthouse | Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST FILM EDITING
Will be nominated: Ford v Ferrari | The Irishman | Jojo Rabbit | Once Upon a Time in Hollywood | Parasite
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Will be nominated: 1917 | The Irishman | Jojo Rabbit | Little Women | Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Others I want nominated: Ford v Ferrari | Knives Out
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Will be nominated: Downton Abbey | The Irishman | Little Women | Once Upon a Time in Hollywood | Rocketman
Others I want nominated: Dolemite Is My Name
BEST MAKEUP & HAIR
Will be nominated: Bombshell | Joker | Rocketman
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Will be nominated: 1917 | Avengers: Endgame | The Irishman | The Lion King  | Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Will be nominated: 1917 | Joker | Little Women | Marriage Story | Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST SONG
Will be nominated: “I’m Gonna Love Me Again” (Rocketman) | “Into the Unknown” (Frozen II) | “Speechless” (Aladdin) | “Spirit” (The Lion King) | “Stand Up” (Harriet)
Others I want nominated: “Summer Song” (Yesterday)
BEST SOUND EDITING
Will be nominated: 1917 | Avengers: Endgame | Ford v Ferrari | Rocketman | Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Others I want nominated: John Wick 3
BEST SOUND
Will be nominated: 1917 | Ad Astra | Avengers: Endgame | Ford v Ferrari | Rocketman
Others I want nominated: John Wick 3 | Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Let’s see how I do.

No comments: