Thursday, January 02, 2020

2020 Film Preview









Here are the films that look interesting for the new year. Again, I am basing a lot of my picks on the people involved, familiarity, or an interesting plot description. My opinions may change closer to the release dates. Keep in mind that most these dates are flexible (some might get pushed into 2021). Here they are in release date order:

Jan.10 1917
A single-take war film in the trenches of WWI, finally in wide release.
Jan.17 Bad Boys for Life
Will Smith & Martin Lawrence return for more explosions sans Michael Bay
Jan.24 The Gentlemen
Guy Ritchie returns to his Lock Stock days with a fun role of Hugh Grant.
Mar.06 Onward
It’s Pixar. Includes Chris Pratt, Tom Holland and writer of Monsters U.
Apr.10 No Time to Die
I’m all in for this final James Bond installment with Daniel Craig.
May.01 Black Widow
I will put my faith in Marvel once again though the ads aren’t grabbing me.
May.08 Greyhound
Tom Hanks wrote and stars as a Navy commander. I like Tom Hanks.
Jun.05 Wonder Woman 1984
Gal Gadot plays the role so well. I’m definitely in for another round.
Jun.26 In the Heights
Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Broadway musical should make for a fun treat.
Jun.26 Top Gun: Maverick
Tom Cruise is back for more. Beach football instead of volleyball? Why not?
Jul.03 Free Guy
The trailer with Ryan Reynolds sells me on the concept. It should be fun.
Jul.10 Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Jason Reitman takes over from his dad.  I’ll trust him.
Jul.17 Tenet
It’s Christopher Nolan and a twisty sc-fi tale. This is sure to be amazing.
Aug.21 Bill & Ted Face the Music
This has been a long time coming. I’ll watch it for nostalgic reasons.
September The French Dispatch
It’s Wes Anderson and a killer cast (check out imdb). How can it go wrong?
Fall 2020 Mank
Mank = Mankiewicz. I like Citizen Kane and David Fincher. I’m intrigued.
Nov.06 Eternals
I was initially unsure about Guardians of the Galaxy; I’ll give this a chance.
Dec.18 Coming 2 America
Eddie Murphy gets the gang back together. Hoping it is just as funny.
Dec.18 Uncharted
Tom Holland as Drake from the video game. Bet it’ll be pushed though.
Dec.18 West Side Story
Spielberg tries his hand at the musical. Wonder how this will turn out.

UPCOMING REVIEWS: Golden Globe Predictions

No comments: