Thursday, January 17, 2019

Oscar Nominee Predictions









The Oscar nominations are being announced this Tuesday (my birthday).  Here is who I think will get the nominations this year and who I wish would get nominated (based on what I’ve seen). At this stage, I do not predict the shorts (live, animated or documentary), foreign films, animated feature or documentaries.

BEST PICTURE
Will be nominated: BlacKkKlansman | Black Panther | Bohemian Rhapsody | The Favourite | Green Book | If Beale Street Could Talk | Mary Poppins Returns | Roma | A Star is Born | Vice
Others I want nominated: A Quiet Place
BEST ACTOR
Will be nominated: Christian Bale (Vice) | Bradley Cooper (A Star is Born) | Willem Dafoe (At Eternity’s Gate) | Rami Malek (Bohemian Rhapsody) | Robert Redford (The Old Man and the Gun)
Others I want nominated: Viggo Mortensen (Green Book) | Lin-Manuel Miranda (Mary Poppins Returns)
BEST ACTRESS
Will be nominated: Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) | Glenn Close (The Wife) | Olivia Colman (The Favourite) | Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) | Nicole Kidman (Destroyer)
Others I want nominated: can’t think of anyone
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Will be nominated: Mahershala Ali (Green Book) | Timothee Chalamet (Beautiful Boy) | Sam Elliott (A Star is Born) | Richard E Grant (Can You Ever Forgive Me?) | Sam Rockwell (Vice)
Others I want nominated: John Krasinski (A Quiet Place)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Will be nominated: Amy Adams (Vice) | Regina King (If Beale Street Could Talk) | Emma Stone (The Favourite) | Rachel Weisz (The Favourite) | Michelle Yeoh (Crazy Rich Asians)
Others I want nominated: Emily Blunt (A Quiet Place) | Letitia Wright (Black Panther)
BEST DIRECTOR
Will be nominated: Bradley Cooper (A Star is Born) | Alfonso Cuaron (Roma) | Barry Jenkins (If Beale Street Could Talk) | Spike Lee (BlacKkKlansman) | Yorgos Lanthimos (The Favourite)
Others I want nominated: John Krasinski (A Quiet Place) | Rob Marshall (Mary Poppins Returns)
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Will be nominated: BlacKkKlansman | Black Panther | First Man | If Beale Street Could Talk | A Star is Born
Others I want nominated: Mary Poppins Returns
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Will be nominated: Eighth Grade | The Favourite | Green Book | A Quiet Place | Vice
Others I want nominated: Bohemian Rhapsody | Isle of Dogs
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Will be nominated: Black Panther| The Favourite | If Beale Street Could Talk | Roma | A Star is Born
Others I want nominated: Bohemian Rhapsody | A Quiet Place
BEST FILM EDITING
Will be nominated: The Favourite | Green Book | Roma | A Star is Born | Vice
Others I want nominated: Bohemian Rhapsody | A Quiet Place|  
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Will be nominated: Black Panther | The Favourite | First Man | Mary Poppins Returns | A Star is Born
Others I want nominated: Bohemian Rhapsody | Fantastic Beasts 2 | Isle of Dogs | Welcome to Marwen
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Will be nominated: Bohemian Rhapsody | Black Panther | The Favourite | Mary Poppins Returns | Mary Queen of Scots
Others I want nominated: Green Book
BEST MAKEUP & HAIR
Will be nominated: Bohemian Rhapsody | Mary Queen of Scots | Vice
Others I want nominated: Black Panther
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Will be nominated: Avengers: Infinity War | Black Panther | Mary Poppins Returns | Ready Player One | Solo: A Star Wars Story
Others I want nominated: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom | Welcome to Marwen
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Will be nominated: Black Panther | First Man | Isle of Dogs | Mary Poppins Returns | A Quiet Place
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST SONG
Will be nominated: “All The Stars” (Black Panther) | “Girl in the Movies” (Dumplin’) | “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” (Mary Poppins Returns) | “I’ll Fight” (RBG) | “Shallow” (A Star is Born)
Others I want nominated: “Nowhere to Go But Up” (Mary Poppins Returns)
BEST SOUND EDITING
Will be nominated: Black Panther | First Man | Incredibles 2 | Mission: Impossible - Fallout | A Quiet Place
Others I want nominated: Avengers: Infinity War | Bohemian Rhapsody
BEST SOUND
Will be nominated: Black Panther | Bohemian Rhapsody | First Man | Mary Poppins Returns | A Star is Born
Others I want nominated: A Quiet Place | Ready Player One

Let’s see how I do.

No comments: