Thursday, January 03, 2019

2019 Film Preview









Here are the films that look interesting for the new year. Again, I am basing a lot of my picks on the people involved, familiarity, or an interesting plot description. My opinions may change closer to the release dates (I missed one films from last year – thankfully it was Holmes & Watson). Keep in mind that most these dates are flexible (some might get pushed into 2020). Here they are in release date order:

Jan.18 Glass
M. Night Shyamalan unites the awesome Unbreakable and Split. I’m there.
Feb.08 The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
Loved the first Lego Movie. Chris Pratt is hilarious as is the concept.
Mar.01 Chaos Walking
Doug Liman directs Charlie Kaufman’s script with Tom Holland & Daisy Ridley.
Mar.08 Captain Marvel
Bring on more Marvel with an extra dose of younger Coulson and Fury.
Mar.22 Greyhound
Tom Hanks wrote and stars as a Navy commander. I like Tom Hanks.
Mar.29 Dumbo
Not my favourite Disney but interested in Tim Burton and his merry band.
Apr.05 Shazam!
Love Zachary Levi (Chuck) and the silliness of this superhero flick.
Apr.26 Avengers: End Game
Gotta catch the conclusion of this story. Anticipating this film the most.
May.17 John Wick: Chapter 3
I’ll watch Keanu Reeves kick some ass for a third installment.
May.24 Aladdin
I think it’ll all hinge on Will Smith’s performance as the genie. Here’s hopin’.
Jun.21 Toy Story 4
I have complete faith in Pixar and their Toy Story franchise.
Jun.28 Ford vs Ferrari
Matt Damon and Christian Bale work together to take down Ferrari.
Jul.19 The Lion King
Curious about the new voices and the more realistic animation.
Jul.26 Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
It’s Tarantino’s ninth film. It has Pitt and DiCaprio. It’s a no-brainer.
Oct.04 Joker
It’ll be hard for Joaquin Phoenix to beat Heath Ledger but I’ll give it a shot.
Oct.11 Zombieland 2
The cast is back for some more humourous zombie fun.
Oct.18 A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Tom Hanks is Mr. Rogers. As I said before, I like Tom Hanks.
Nov.27 Knives Out
I like director Rian Johnson (Last Jedi). Daniel Craig is a detective in this.
Dec.20 Star Wars IX
Okay, maybe anticipating this more than Avengers: End Game. It’s a tie.

UPCOMING REVIEWS: Golden Globe Predictions

No comments: