Monday, February 05, 2018

Superbowl Commercials 2018

Not much to report on this year. The ads were pretty lackluster. Amazingly enough, Tide was the big winner. And not a moment too soon with all that Tide Pod stuff in the news. David Harbour from Stranger Things must have had a lot of fun. I’m just going to give you three this year. The Avocados from Mexico was okay this year and I really enjoyed finally seeing a Solo teaser (with the Memorial Day release still intact – I assumed they would shift to Christmas). The truck ads were awful. And too many ads were trying to be inspiration but fell way short. Still, it’s better than watching CTV commercials. Here are my top three.

TOP THREE COMMERCIALS
1. Tide: It’s All the Tide
Just a fun spoof of the typical Superbowl ads


2. Doritos Blaze vs. Mountain Dew Ice
Fun lip-synching and production value.


3. M & M’s: Human
Like DeVito getting hit by a truck. Don’t ask me why.


That’s all I got this year. Which ones did you enjoy?

UPCOMING REVIEWS: Black Panther

No comments: