Sunday, January 21, 2018

Oscar Nomination Predictions








The Oscar nominations are being announced this Tuesday.  Here is who I think will get the nominations this year and who I wish would get nominated (based on what I’ve seen). At this stage, I do not predict the shorts (live, animated or documentary), foreign films, animated feature or documentaries.

BEST PICTURE
Will be nominated: The Big Sick | Call Me By Your Name | Dunkirk | Get Out | I, Tonya | Lady Bird | Mudbound | The Post | The Shape of Water |
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Others I want nominated: Darkest Hour | The Disaster Artist
BEST ACTOR
Will be nominated: Timothee Chalamet (Call Me By Your Name) | Daniel Day-Lewis (Phantom Thread) | James Franco (The Disaster Artist) |
Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out) | Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour)
Others I want nominated: Idris Elba (Molly’s Gamel) | Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick) | Bill Skarsgard (It)
BEST ACTRESS
Will be nominated: Jessica Chastain (Molly’s Game) | Sally Hawkins (The Shape of Water) | Frances McDormand (Three Billboards) | Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird) |
Meryl Streep (The Post)
Others I want nominated: Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) |  Margot Robbie (I, Tonya)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Will be nominated: Willem Dafoe (The Florida Project) | Armie Hammer (Call Me By Your Name) | Woody Harrelson (Three Billboards) | Richard Jenkins (The Shape of Water) | Sam Rockwell (Three Billboards)
Others I want nominated: Kevin Costner (Molly’s Game) | Bob Odenkirk (The Post) Ray Romano (The Big Sick) | Mark Rylance (Dunkirk) | Bradley Whitford (Get Out)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Will be nominated: Mary J Blige (Mudbound) | Hong Chau (Downsizing) | Holly Hunter (The Big Sick) | Allison Janney (I, Tonya) | Laurie Metcalf (Lady Bird)
Others I want nominated: Can’t think of anyone
BEST DIRECTOR
Will be nominated: Guillermo Del Toro (The Shape of Water) | Greta Gerwig (Lady Bird) | Martin McDonagh (Three Billboards) | Christopher Nolan (Dunkirk) | Jordan Peele (Get Out)
Others I want nominated: Aaron Sorkin (Molly’s Game) |Steven Spielberg (The Post)
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Will be nominated: The Beguiled | Call Me By Your Name | The Disaster Artist | Molly’s Game | Mudbound
Others I want nominated: Can’t think of any
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Will be nominated: The Big Sick | Get Out | Lady Bird | The Shape of Water | Three Billboards
Others I want nominated: The Post | I, Tonya
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Will be nominated: Blade Runner 2049 | Darkest Hour | Dunkirk | Mudbound | The Shape of Water
Others I want nominated: Baby Driver | Logan | Star Wars: The Last Jedi
BEST FILM EDITING
Will be nominated: Dunkirk | Get Out | The Post | The Shape of Water | Three Billboards
Others I want nominated: Baby Driver | It |  I, Tonya
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Will be nominated: Beauty and the Beast | Blade Runner 2049 | The Greatest Showman | The Post | The Shape of Water
Others I want nominated: Downsizing | Dunkirk | Star Wars: The Last Jedi
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Will be nominated: Beauty and the Beast | Darkest Hour | The Greatest Showman | Phantom Thread | The Shape of Water
Others I want nominated: It
BEST MAKEUP & HAIR
Will be nominated: Darkest Hour | Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2 | I, Tonya
Others I want nominated: It
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Will be nominated: Blade Runner 2049 | Dunkirk | The Shape of Water | Star Wars: The Last Jedi | War for the Planet of the Apes
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Will be nominated: Darkest Hour | Dunkirk | Phantom Thread | The Post | The Shape of Water
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST SONG
Will be nominated: “Mighty River” (Mudbound) | “The Mystery of Love” (Call Me By Your Name) | “Remember Me” (Coco) | “Stand Up for Something” (Marshall) | “This Is Me” (The Greatest Showman)
Others I want nominated: “It Ain’t Fair” (Detroit)
BEST SOUND EDITING
Will be nominated: Baby Driver | Blade Runner 2049 | Dunkirk | Star Wars: The Last Jedi | Wonder Woman
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST SOUND
Will be nominated: Blade Runner 2049 | Dunkirk | The Shape of Water | Star Wars: The Last Jedi | Wonder Woman
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any


Let’s see how I do.

No comments: