Monday, January 23, 2017

2017 Oscar Nomination Predictions


The Oscar nominations are being announced tomorrow.  Here is who I think will get the nominations this year and who I wish would get nominated (based on what I’ve seen). At this stage, I do not predict the shorts (live, animated or documentary), foreign films or documentaries.

BEST PICTURE
Will be nominated: Arrival | Deadpool | Fences | Hacksaw Ridge | Hell or High Water | Hidden Figures | La La Land | Manchester by the Sea | Moonlight | Silence
Others I want nominated: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Sully
BEST ACTOR
Will be nominated: Casey Affleck (Manchester by the Sea) | Andrew Garfield (Hacksaw Ridge) | Ryan Gosling (La La Land) | Tom Hanks (Sully) | Denzel Washington (Fences)
Others I want nominated: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Snowden) | Jeremy Renner (Arrival) | Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool) | Neel Sethi (The Jungle Book)
BEST ACTRESS
Will be nominated: Amy Admas (Arrival) | Annette Benning (20th Century Women) | Ruth Negga (Loving) | Natalie Portman (Jackie) | Emma Stone (La La Land)
Others I want nominated: Margot Robbie (Suicide Squad)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Will be nominated: Mahershala Ali (Moonlight) | Jeff Bridges (Hell or High Water) | Hugh Grant (Florence Foster Jenkins) | Dev Patel (Lion) | Michael Shannon (Nocturnal Animals)
Others I want nominated: Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) | Nick Offerman (The Founder) | Vince Vaughn (Hacksaw Ridge)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Will be nominated: Viola Davis (Fences) | Naomie Harris (Moonlight) | Nicole Kidman (Lion) | Octavia Spencer (Hidden Figures) | Michelle Williams (Manchester by the Sea)
Others I want nominated: Can’t think of anyone
BEST DIRECTOR
Will be nominated: Damien Chazelle (La La Land) | Mel Gibson (Hacksaw Ridge) | Barry Jenkins (Moonlight) | Kenneth Lonergan (Manchester by the Sea) | Martin Scorsese (Silence)
Others I want nominated: Clint Eastwood (Sully) | Gareth Edwards (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story)
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Will be nominated: Arrival | Fences | Lion | Moonlight | Nocturnal Animals
Others I want nominated: The Jungle Book | Doctor Strange
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Will be nominated: Hell or High Water | Jackie | La La Land | The Lobster | Manchester by the Sea
Others I want nominated: Finding Dory | Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Will be nominated: Kubo and the Two Strings | Moana | My Life as a Zucchini | The Red Turtle | Zootopia
Others I want nominated: Finding Dory
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Will be nominated: Arrival | Hacksaw Ridge | La La Land | Moonlight | Silence
Others I want nominated: The Jungle Book | Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
BEST FILM EDITING
Will be nominated: Arrival | Hacksaw Ridge | La La Land | Manchester by the Sea | Moonlight
Others I want nominated: Sully | Rogue One; A Star Wars Story
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Will be nominated: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them | Jackie | The Jungle Book | La La Land | Silence
Others I want nominated: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children | Passengers | Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Will be nominated: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them | Florence Foster Jenkins | Hidden Figures | Jackie | La La Land
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST MAKEUP & HAIR
Will be nominated: Deadpool | Florence Foster Jenkins | Star Trek Beyond
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Will be nominated: Arrival | Doctor Strange | Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them | The Jungle Book | Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Will be nominated: Jackie | La La Land | Lion | Moonlight | Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST SONG
Will be nominated: “Can’t Stop the Feeling” (Trolls) | “City of Stars” (La La Land) | “Drive It Like You Stole It” (Sing Street) | “How Far I’ll Go” (Moana) | “Runnin’” (Hidden Figures)
Others I want nominated: “I’m So Humble” (Popstar) | “Equal Rights” (Popstar)
BEST SOUND EDITING
Will be nominated: Arrival | Hacksaw Ridge | La La Land | Rogue One: A Star Wars Story | Silence
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any
BEST SOUND
Will be nominated: Arrival | Hacksaw Ridge | La La Land | Rogue One: A Star Wars Story | Silence
Others I want nominated: can’t think of any


Let’s see how I do.

1 comment:

Blackout said...

So out of the 19 categories I predicted:
I got 2 completely correct, 10 with one missing, 6 with two missing, 1 with three missing.