Friday, May 01, 2015

Film: Insurgent

Sorry I have not written in a while. I honestly haven’t been to the movie theatre in a long time. There hasn’t been any good films to watch. I did watch this a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post it. Don't worry, the reviews will be coming a lot faster now.







GENRE: Action/Adventure
RATING: PG-13 for violence and brief language
RUNTIME: 1 hours and 59 minutes
STARRING: Shailene Woodley (The Fault in Our Stars, Descendants)
Theo James (Underworld: Awakening), Miles Teller (Whiplash)
DIRECTOR: Robert Schwentke (Red, Flightplan)
WRITERS: Akiva Goldsman (I Am Legend), Brian Duffield (newcomer)
Mark Bomback (Live Free or Die Hard)
PLOT: Tris and Four are on the run as she deals with the guilt of what happened during the events from the first movie.   

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:
1 I read the book a couple weeks before seeing the movie. There were a lot of characters and plot elements missing from the film. I know the film can’t have everything but it looked like some key stuff was ignored.
2 The acting is pretty good. Woodley spends a lot of movie dealing with her personal demons, so it’s all angsty and stuff. There’s also some good action sequences.
3 Speaking of angst, the soundtrack makes the movie sound more like a teen show on the CW.  
4 I wanted to see more of Daniel Dae Kim (Lost) as Jack Kang. He’s cool.  
5 The ending of the book is dumb. The film’s ending is not much better. Wondering if I will bother with the last book/pair of films.

RECOMMENDATION: Fine for rental
UPCOMING REVIEWS: Avengers: Age of Ultron

No comments: