Thursday, May 28, 2015

2015 Summer Preview

Summer is basically here. Network shows are done so it is time to look at the summer crop. Here are some shows that are returning and a couple new ones I’ll give a chance to. I also thought I would add the films I’m looking forward to. Weird how there is nothing interesting in August. Anyway here are the lists and such.

Returning Shows
Halt & Catch Fire:Season 2 AMC (May 31) 80s computer wars.
Hannibal:Season 3 NBC (June 4) Beautifully shot disturbing content.
True Detective:Season 2 HBO (July 12) Intense character drama
Masters of Sex:Season 3 SHO (July 12) Compelling chemistry
Orange is the New Black:Season 3 NETFLIX (July 12) More prison.
Last Comic Standing:Season 9 NBC (July 22) Funny stand-up.
Nathan For You:Season 3 COMEDY (July TBA) A marketing genius.

New Shows
Sense8 NETFLIX (June 5) 8 people can feel everything about each other.
Scream MTV (June 30) TV version of the popular horror franchise.
Fear the Walking Dead AMC (Aug TBA) The companion series.

Shows To Catch Up On
This summer I’ll be watching the four seasons of Suits on Netflix and watch the first season of The Flash.
If you are looking for some shows to watch this summer on Netflix, I suggest Bloodline and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Summer Films
Entourage (June 3) I watched the show, gotta watch the movie.
Spy (June 5) Melissa McCarthy in a spy flick? Sure.
Jurassic World (June 12) Love Chris Pratt and now with dinosaurs.
Inside Out (June 19) It’s Pixar and Amy Poehler. Perfection.
Terminator Genisys (July 1) More like T2 and not the other sequels.
Minions (July 10) So cute. My wife and I can’t wait for this.
Ant Man (July 17) I like Paul Rudd and Marvel. So why not?
Trainwreck (July 17) Amy Schumer is quite funny. Should be good.
Pixels (July 24) Pac-Man is evil. Hope Adam Sandler doesn’t ruin it.
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (July 31) Love this franchise.

What’s on your list?

No comments: