Sunday, July 23, 2006

Virgin Territory

This is my first blogging experience. Please be gentle. (I may cry)

So why am I writing a blog? Could it be because I want to share my views with the world? Not really. I only want to share my views with a couple of people and I'm trying to avoid that ear cancer I'll inevitably get from my cell phone. Could it be because I am loaded with time and thought I'd take up journaling? That couldn't be further from the truth. There's too much stuff to watch out there and I think journaling is kind of sissy. Then why, oh why, would I start a time consuming, opinion sharing, sissy-boy blog? Well, the long and short of it is, a guy named Joel Wright asked me to. So here I am.

Joel is a colleague of mine and wanted to get my opinion on some of the movies currently gracing the big screen. We would talk at lunch or in the hallway and discuss the various films that we had seen. Then he suggested that I write a blog so he could get my opinions online. He suggested this many, many times. Maybe he didn't have the time to talk to me during the workday, maybe he prefers to laugh at my spelling and grammar skills, maybe he didn't appreciate the smell of the Maple and Brown Sugar Quaker Oatmeal on my breath, or maybe he thought my insights were so profound that he must find a way to harness my pop culture intellect so he can treasure it forevermore. It could be any number of reasons. So I thought why not.

So what I'm going to do in this blog space is talk about movies and television. I'll talk about the movies I've just seen and I'll tell you what TV shows you should be watching. I'll warn you that I'm pretty desensitized and I'll watch an amazing amount of shit. (Oh yeah, my parents are Dutch, so I'll probably use the word "shit" a lot.) So if my two cents means anything to you, stick around and I'll try and open your world to an amazing array of pop culture that will both astound and disgust you. You've been warned.

3 comments:

J & K said...

Yay for the blog! And it's not because I don't want to talk to you that I pushed for it. It's b/c on a Friday night when we're about to go rent a movie, I can't remember what you said about them 2 months ago when they were in the theatres.

JW

Anonymous said...

roiiiiight...virgin?

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»