Monday, January 02, 2023

2023 Film Preview

 

Here are the films that look interesting for the new year. Again, I am basing a lot of my picks on the people involved, familiarity, or an interesting plot description. My opinions may change closer to the release dates, and release dates may change. Here they are:

Jan.13 A Man Called Otto
A grumpy Tom Hanks who probably warms up by the end of the film.

Jan.27 You People
Jonah helps write and stars in a Netflix film with Eddie Murphy.

Feb.17 Ant Man & the Wasp: Quantumania
Hope Marvel can start the Phase 5 right. Trailer's not encouraging though.

Mar.03 Creed III
I've enjoyed Michael B Jordan in this Rocky continuation. He directs too.

Mar.10 Scream VI
The fun horror franchise continues with Ghostface taking Manhattan.

Mar.17 Shazam!: Fury of the Gods
I like Zachery Levi as Shazam though a little worried if this'll work again.

Mar.24 John Wick: Chapter 4
Wick continues to beat the crap out of everyone, this time -  The High Table

Mar.31 A Good Person
I’m a Zach Braff fan, he writes & directs Morgan Freeman & Florence Pugh

May.05 Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 3
James Gunn returns to write and direct the (last?) Guardians mission

May.26 The Little Mermaid
Rob Marshall (Chicago) directs the live action version not that it’s needed

Jun.02 Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)
The first animated film was awesome. Looks likes it’s getting bigger.

Jun.16 Elemental
Pixar mixes fire and water characters but it’s done by Good Dinosaur guy

Jun.23 Asteroid City
Wes Anderson directs Tom Hanks, Bill Murray and more. I am there.

Jun.30 Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Not a fan of the title but looking forward to the continuation of the franchise

Jul.14 Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning (Part One)
I love this franchise. I eagerly await more of Ethan Hunt & crew.

Jul.21 Barbie
Greta Gerwig directs Margot Robbie as Barbie. Can my wife take me?

Jul.21 Oppenheimer
Christopher Nolan’s making of the atomic bomb with Cillian Murphy. Yes!

Jul.28 The Marvels
Just watching this because I feel compelled to keep watching Marvel films

Sep.22 Expendables 4
More mercenary fun with all the has-been action stars. Sure, why not.

Nov.03 Dune: Part Two
Looking forward to Denis Villeneuve’s conclusion of this epic tale

Nov.17 The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
I read this Hunger Games prequel about President Snow. I’m in for more.

Dec.15 Wonka
The  beginnings of inventor Willy Wonka with Timothee Chalamet.

Dec.20 Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2
Not much info on it but Jason Reitman is back and I liked the first one

No comments: