Saturday, September 23, 2017

2017 Fall TV Anticipation








So my uncle was ranting this week about how there are too many long lists this time of year. Instead of a top thirty how about a top five.  Well, I decided to make a list of seven. People are often asking me these days, which shows I am looking forward to. Unfortunately, most of the new shows look like duds. These are some returning shows that I am slightly anticipating. For this list, I limited myself to one show per day of the week. These are the ones I will make sure I watch the night of instead of PVRing.

SUNDAY ~ CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM (HBO 10/1 10pm)
While I am mildly curious about White Famous, I would like to see what awkward situations Larry David can get into.

MONDAY ~ THE GOOD DOCTOR (ABC 9/25 10pm)
Sure, it looks an awful lot like House, but I enjoyed that show. I also liked Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. (Monday’s sort of an off night.)

TUESDAY ~ BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (FOX 9/26 9:30pm)
I know, I know, This Is Us is also on this night. I do really enjoy that show but give me some great laughs over inevitable ‘manly’ tears.

WENESDAY ~ RIVERDALE (CW 10/11 8pm)
I’d usually pick Mr. Robot but the last season didn’t wow me. Riverdale is my guilty pleasure. It’s so nostalgic and silly at the same time.

THURSDAY ~ THE GOOD PLACE (NBC 9/20 8:30pm)
I was nervous the concept wouldn’t work during season one and Michael Shur surprised me. I hope my faith is rewarded even more this season.

FRIDAY ~ STRANGER THINGS (NETFLIX 10/27 12am)
It’s been a long wait to see what happens next to these awesome kids and the town in general. Toast up some Eggos.

SATURDAY ~ SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (NBC 9/30 8:30pm West Coast)
Coming off a pretty strong year, I’m eager to see how far they go this season. Let the Twitter responses commence.

There you have it. Of course, I watch far more than just one show per night, but these are MVPs for me.

UPCOMING REVIEWS: Battle of Sexes, Kingsman 2

No comments: