Monday, February 06, 2017

Superbowl Commercials 2017

Canadians were finally able to watch the American Superbowl commercials during the game this year. This sure beat watching CTV run the same ads over and over in previous years. There were some commercials that made me smile and chuckle but they are missing the humour of previous years. I missed the Doritos and Bud Light hilarity of yore. Glad there were no ads for toe fungus or IBS this year. Curious there were no “Don’t Drink and Drive” ads this year, or maybe I missed it. Anyway, this year, I thought I would quickly rank some favourites and include some bad ones as well. Here you go.

SOME OF THE GOOD COMMERCIALS
1. Sprint: Faking Death
No need for celebrities here. Loved the small print and the “Shoot”

2. Skittles: Katie!
I enjoyed the fact that the kid keeps calling her name

3. Avocados from Mexico: Secret Society
Lots of fun jokes and no Scott Baio from last year

4. Honda: Yearbook Photos
Fun inspiration and photos from celebrities.

5. Buick: Kid Cam
Reminded me of Peyton Manning’s SNL skit but still funny

6. Kia: Eco Warrior
Love McCarthy. (Maybe because of her Spicer impersonation last night)

7. Turbo Tax: Humpty Dumpty
Just thought this was cute.

8. NFL: Superbowl Babies
Loved the baby versions of football greats

9. T-Mobile: Martha & Snoop
Best line: Can of bisque?

10. Bai: Timberlake and Walken
Simple and now I’ll remember how it’s pronounced

INSPIRATIONAL COMMERCIAL?
Audi: Progress is for Everyone
Like “Equal Pay for Equal Work” but does Audi promote women to top jobs?

LAME COMMERCIALS
T-Mobile: Celebration Expert
Ugh. Justin Bieber? And why is he dancing like the Six Flags guy?

Mr. Clean: A Man Who Cleans
Eww. Just creepy. I do not need to see those tight pants.

That’s all I got this year. Which ones did you enjoy?

UPCOMING REVIEWS: John Wick Chapter 2, Lego Batman Movie

No comments: