Monday, February 02, 2015

Superbowl Commercials

I remember a time when the Superbowl ads were full of non-stop laughs. Bug Light would usually win the competition with something outrageously funny. Now it’s full of ‘inspiring’ messages and sadness. It was an odd crop this year, so I thought I would categorize them differently this year.

FUNNIEST COMMERCIALS
Esurance – Walter White
It’s really funny if you’ve seen Breaking Bad

Doritos – Middle Seat
These guys usually have fun stuff each year.

BEST USE OF CELEBRITIES
Clash of Clans – Revenge
Who’d have thought Liam Neeson would do this? Awesome.

Snickers – The Brady Bunch
I love this ad campaign. Fun actor choices this year.

BEST MOVIE TEASER
Minions – Superbowl Teaser
Because they are awesome.

DON’T KNOW WHY THEY’RE ADVERTISING
Avocados From Mexico – First Draft Ever
Don’t know why this needs to be advertised.

INSPIRING COMMERCIALS
Dove Men + Care – Real Strength
Of the multiple ads praising dads, I liked this one best.

Carnival – Return to the Sea
I kind of want to book a cruise right now.

SADDEST COMMERCIAL
Nationwide – The Boy Who Couldn’t Wait to Grow Up
Why do they want football fans to be all sad.

WHAT WAS THAT?
Squarespace – Dreaming with Jeff
Jeff Bridges ‘singing’ me to sleep creeps me out.

I also liked the Mindy Kaling Nationwide ad that was a lot happier than the dead boy one. I liked her in the carwash. Anyway, hoping next year’s ads are a lot funnier and less preachy like the Weight Watchers and Proctor & Gamble. Which were your favourites?

1 comment:

Louise Chapman said...

Loved the Walter White and Doritos ones.