Sunday, April 06, 2014

Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier










GENRE: Action/Adventure
RATING: PG for violence
RUNTIME: 2 hours and 16 minutes
STARRING: Chris Evans (Fantastic Four, Sunshine)
Scarlett Johansson (Iron Man 2), Robert Redford (Spy Game)
DIRECTOR: Anthony & Joe Russo (Community, You, Me & Dupree)
WRITERS: Chris Markus & Stephen McFeely (Thor 2, Narnia series)
PLOT: Steve Rogers and Black Widow second guess the power of S.H.I.E.L.D. and become fugitives when something happens to Fury.

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:
1 A great action movie. Of the post-Avenger films (Iron Man, Thor), I found this one to be the best sequel. Great hand-to-hand combat and nice car chase sequences. Nice humour mixed in too.
2 As I am also watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I was very interested in the running of this organization.
3 I wish The Winter Soldier talked more. I never read the comics but it would be nice if there was some more dialogue.
4 The first after-credit sequence is worth it and sets up new characters for the eagerly anticipated Avengers 2. The second sequence isn’t worth it.
5 Loved the Community cameo and the Pulp Fiction reference.

RECOMMENDATION: See in the theatre. Fun stuff.
UPCOMING REVIEWS: The Amazing Spiderman 2

No comments: