Sunday, February 09, 2014

Film: The Monuments Men









GENRE: Drama, History
RATING: PG for some violence
RUNTIME: 1 hour and 58 minutes
STARRING: George Clooney (Gravity, Ocean’s Eleven)
Matt Damon (Bourne series), Bill Murray (Moonrise Kingdom)
DIRECTOR: George Clooney (Ides of March)
WRITERS: Clooney & Grant Heslov (Good Night & Good Luck)
PLOT: A group of artists join the war to rescue art masterpieces that have been stolen by Nazi thieves.

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:
1 I like the fact that this was based on a true story. I appreciate that people were working hard and sacrificing themselves for priceless art works.  
2 This film was just good but not great. I wish there was more tension and action but I did enjoy some of the light-hearted tone.
3 Bill Murray is great as usual. He’s always fun to watch.
4 I usually enjoy Cate Blanchett but found that she didn’t add that much to this film. Her scenes with Matt Damon didn’t work for me.  
5 Some of the soundtrack sounded too Pixar-ish.  

RECOMMENDATION: Wait for TBS
UPCOMING REVIEWS: The Lego Movie

No comments: