Monday, November 11, 2013

Film: Thor: The Dark World








GENRE:
Action, Fanstasy
RATING:
PG for violence
RUNTIME:
1 hour and 52 minutes

STARRING:
Chris Hemsworth (Thor, Cabin in the Woods)
Natalie Portman (V for Vendetta), Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers)

DIRECTOR:
Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones, Sopranos)
WRITERS:
Chris Yost (Avengers & Iron Man cartoon series)
Chis Markus & Stephen McFeely (Captain America, Narnia)

PLOT:
Thor is up against some dark elves that want destroy all the realms for some reason.  

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:
1
It may be called Thor, but Loki steals the show. He is just so smarmy. I enjoyed the trickstery nature he displayed in this film. I think it’s his best performance of his three Marvel films.
2
Some great action sequences but I was a bit lost when it came to the story. Why were the dark elves trying to destroy everything? Were they just jerks who didn’t like light? And when it comes to ending (which I won’t spoil), how did that exactly happen?
3
There’s a great Avenger cameo in the middle of the film. Very funny.
4
Even with all the destruction and chaos swirling around them, I always enjoy the lightness of Thor, Jane and Darcy (Kat Dennings). Very fun stuff.
5
I keep forgetting that Chuck (Zachary Levi) is Fandral. I don’t know why it never occurs to me until after I see the end credits. Maybe it’s because he speaks with a more bass-y voice.   

RECOMMENDATION:
Pretty cool in theatres
UPCOMING REVIEWS:
Hunger Games: Catching Fire

No comments: