Sunday, February 03, 2013

Superbowl Commercials

So, being a Canadian, we got robbed of the fun that is USA Superbowl commercials. Thanks CTV for your sub-par advertising. If I have to see another Panago ad with that that stupid guy in a bee costume, I'll go crazy like that Do No Harm guy. So after the game I need to go online and check out what I've missed. I have to admit, it wasn't as great as in past years. Bud Light did not bring the funny and I missed the Snickers ads. Here are my favourites (or at least the ones that got me smiling or smirking):

1. Oreo - Whisper Fight
The whisper fight reminds of the arguement at the funeral in The Other Guys starring Will Ferrell. I also like the fact that it takes place in a library.
2. Doritos - Goat 4 Sale
I like the sound the goat makes when he finds all the Doritos are gone.
3. M & M's - Love Ballad
I've always liked the M & M guy.
4. Toyota RAV4 - Wish Granted
I like the talking chipmunks, much funnier than Alvin and the Chipmunks.
5. Kia - Space Babies
I like how convoluted the story is. The island, the space walk, the entry. Cute stuff.
Best Celebrity Appearance: Best Buy - Asking Amy
Sorry Paul Rudd & Seth Rogen but I liked Amy Poehler in the Best Buy ads. She always makes me laugh.
Best Ad Image: Hyundai Santa Fe - Team
I loved the image of the child wrestling the bear for some reason.
Best Ad Tagline: Axe - Lifeguard
Nothing Beats an Astronaut
Worst Ad: Ram Trucks - Farmer
I guess you'd love this if you were a farmer. I'm not.
There you have it. What were your favourites?

No comments: