Sunday, September 23, 2012

TV: Emmy Results







So luckily only ten people or so read this blog nowadays. My predictions sucked this year! I only got 6 out of 16 categories this year. Overall, I was kind of bored, but maybe that was because I was losing all night. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts.

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:
1 What was up with the sound for the first hour or so? Was that CTV or ABC’s fault? I missed a couple of Jimmy Kimmel’s jokes. Although thankfully I was spared some of the inane commentary when people win? What happened to the funny guy who was giving bizarre facts in past shows? It was replaced this year with a chick telling us where the actor’s hometown is. Who cares?
2 Jimmy Kimmel was alright but he was no Jimmy Fallon or NPH. The opening was dull but I liked his Facebook prank and couple of his comments.  
3 So happy for Danny Strong’s win as the writer of Game Change. Of course, I’ll always remember him as the nerdy Jonathan on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Made me smile.
4 Wished Amy Poehler would finally get an Emmy, but of course Emmy can’t see past Julia Louis-Dreyfus for some reason. But I did love the mixed up acceptance speech. Poehler is such a trooper. Give her an Emmy dammit!
5 I like seeing full clips when they go through the nominations. I don’t care how long it takes, it just seems more respectful. So why were there clips for Lead Actress in a Drama Series but none for Lead Actor in a Drama Series? I wanted to hear Bryan Cranston yell that ‘he is the danger’ again.

THE WINNERS:
Drama Series: Homeland
Comedy Series: Modern Family (Predicted & Wanted)
Variety Series: The Daily Show (Predicted)
Reality Series: The Amazing Race (Predicted & Wanted)
Lead Actor [Drama]: Damian Lewis
Lead Actress [Drama]: Claire Danes (Predicted & Wanted)
Lead Actor [Comedy]: Jon Cryer
Lead Actress [Comedy]: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Supp. Actor [Drama]: Aaron Paul
Supp.Actress [Drama]: Maggie Smith (Predicted & Wanted)
Supp. Actor [Comedy]: Eric Stonestreet
Supp. Actress [Comedy]: Julie Bowen
Writing [Drama]: Homeland – Pilot (Predicted)
Writing [Comedy]: Louie – Pregnant
Directing [Drama]: Boardwalk Empire – To the Lost
Directing [Comedy]: Modern Family – Baby on Board

Now . . . let the fall season begin!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Yep. I was pretty bored with the show. So much so I only flicked back and forth.