This should have come out last Tuesday, but I’ve been in the hospital.
Mariska Hargitay was a pretty good host. A fun opening number didn’t blow my mind but had plenty of humourous moments. Her monologue and pre-tapes were also well done. You could tell she was having fun. The writing was very good for this award show, even the banter between the presenters were not cringey – well maybe the Harrelson/McConaughey ending. Really enjoyed Jon Hamm commenting on the term “television” in High Valarian.
Best presenter by far was John Mulaney’s and his guy’s guy bit. It is clear he would make an excellent host but I’m sure he feels it’s much better to kill it for five minutes instead of possibly being blamed for a poor show.
Weird to have lots of the women categories first. Overall though, a pretty well-flowing show. I like Dolly Parton and all but I wouldn’t call her a TV star. I loved the honouring of Michael J Fox and his contributions to fight Parkinson’s. Also, loved the Canadian love – thanks Sally Field.
I expected a lot of wins for The Pitt and Widow’s Bay and they did not disappoint. I got 17 out of 20. Happy with all the winners this year. Also, really short acceptance speeches, which was refreshing. Loved Katie Diplo commenting on how her award will be able to be seen from everywhere in her house.
Anyway, here were the winners:
THE
WINNERS:
Drama Series: The Pitt (Predicted & Wanted)
Comedy Series: Widow’s Bay (Predicted & Wanted)
Limited Series: DTF St. Louis (Predicted)
Reality Competition Series: The Traitors (Predicted & Wanted)
Talk Series: Late Show with Stephen Colbert (Predicted)
Variety Series: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (Predicted)
Lead Actor [Drama]: Noah Wyle (The
Pitt) (Predicted)
Lead Actress [Drama]: Rhea Seehorn (Pluribus)
(Predicted
& Wanted)
Lead Actor [Comedy]: Matthew Rhys (Widow’s
Bay) (Predicted
& Wanted)
Lead Actress [Comedy]: Jean Smart (Hacks)
(Predicted
& Wanted)
Lead Actor [Limited]: Matthew Rhys (The
Beast in Me) (Wanted)
Lead Actress [Limited]: Sally Field (Remarkably
Bright Creatures)
Supp. Actor [Drama]: Tom Pelphrey (Task)
(Wanted)
Supp. Actress [Drama]: Allison Janney
(The Diplomat)
Supp. Actor [Comedy]: Stephen Root (Widow’s
Bay) (Predicted)
Supp. Actress [Comedy]: Kate O’Flynn (Widow’s
Bay) (Predicted
& Wanted)
Directing [Drama]: Slow Horses – Scars
Directing [Comedy]: Widow’s Bay – Welcome to Widow’s
Bay (Predicted
& Wanted)
Writing [Drama]: Pluribus – We Is Us (Predicted & Wanted)
Writing [Comedy]: Widow’s Bay – Welcome to Widow’s Bay
No comments:
Post a Comment